Matt Sussman who writes the thelayoffbeard.com blog analyzed exactly who is blogging. He reported his finding in an article featured on Technorati.
Here's Matt's report. Very interesting information.
So who are the bloggers? Let's delve into the demographics:• Two-thirds are male
• 60% are 18-44
• The majority are more affluent and educated than the general population
◦ 75% have college degrees
◦ 40% have graduate degrees
◦ One in three has an annual household income of $75K+
◦ One in four has an annual household income of $100K+
◦ Professional and self-employed bloggers are more affluent: nearly half have an annual household income of $75,000 and one third topped the $100,000 level
• More than half are married
• More than half are parents
• Half are employed full time, however ¾ of professional bloggers are employed full time.
So it seems that well educate and successful people blog. The reason? They are committed to adding value to the lives of others.