What if you purchased a companies product or service and never heard back from them again?
Oh, you say that happens all the time. In fact, it’s pretty much the norm in business.
No matter how good a product or service is, you’ll forget if not reminded. Here’s a communication plan to get you started.
1. Call one week after a sale is made to see how your product is performing.
2. Call again one month later to make sure the product is still performing well.
3. Send educational articles or other relevant news of interest.
4. Write an article and send it. Become the “expert” your client hopes you are.
5. Pick up the telephone a couple times a year and see how things are going.
6. Share the successes of other clients. Case Studies work exceptionally well.
7. Drop a greeting card at odd occasions. Surprise them.
8. Have a client luncheon or dinner. Introduce your best clients to one another.
9. Send a regularly scheduled email newsletter. Once a week equals 50 + touches per year.
10. Use your imagination. These are basic ideas, but there are plenty more.
Stay in contact with your clients consistently and in a relevant way by asking yourself this simple question, “How can I show my clients I care.”