Consistent communication is the key to business success. Get started communicating better today by following these steps.
1. Write down the four major key issues in your business. Make sure these points address a challenge or concern your client cares about.
2. Pick the most important (from your clients view) and write down 6 to 8 sub points; advice you would give your client if you were talking to them one-to-one.
3. Now, just add detail to your sub points and you have a communication that addresses an issue your client is concerned about.
4. Remember to “talk” to your clients (first person) and do not write to them (stiff, formal, proper English) when you’re developing your communication.
5. From there just commit to a timeline, decide on the automation tool you’ll use and communicate every week, every other week or monthly at minimum.
This is a vital business building step. If you aren’t able to do it on your own, get help.
If you can't find the time to communicate to your clients and prospects on your own, be sure to visit www.creatingwordsthatsell.com for a complete range of commercial writing, marketing strategy and sales process development services.
This is a condensed version of my weekly Creative Business Strategy. View the full version online at http://www.billgluth.com/cbs.htm