1. Pick one thing you love to do but haven’t done for a while. Spend a day or two enjoying it.
2. Do something you have never done before. Expand your horizons by taking in a brand new experience.
3. Do the opposite.
- If you normally sit home, get out.
- If you’re out and about all the time, try staying home, relaxing.
- Read a magazine you have never heard of before.
- Go to the zoo or the art museum.
- If you love going to movies, try a play instead.
By breaking out of old patterns, new ideas emerge. Those new ideas can lead to breakthroughs you are not able to see from where you sit today.