Overcoming fear is how you grow as a human being. Jumping over your greatest hurdles today opens you to broader horizons tomorrow.
Broader horizons present expanded opportunities; greater than you are able see right now.
Here’s how to build awareness to overcome your greatest fears and WIN every time.
1. The next time you feel uncomfortable about doing something meaningful, STOP that thought process and subjectively write down that fear.
2. Confront your fear, on paper then close your eyes and ask yourself “What is it about (the fear) that frightens me?”
3. Write down the first thing that comes to your mind. Read your answer. Ponder it. Understand why you have the fear in the first place.
4. Then take a deep breath and just do the task that scares you. Yep, that’s what I’m saying; jump in with both feet and tackle the thing that scares you the most.
5. Keep doing it until the fear subsides and you have control over your emotions surrounding this event.
6. Then schedule time to do this task throughout the day or week. Make sure you are doing it regularly to build your confidence and results.
7. Every time you encounter a new fear, do this exercise.
8. At the end of 3-months, notice how you feel. See how much you have gained both professionally and personally.