To focus and refine your business start by understanding your business model.
A very simple, yet highly effective plan template is offered by Genius Thinker, Seth Godin, in his e- book “The Boot Strappers Bible,” available on Amazon.
After you have a clear picture of your business model, create a marketing plan that is easy to follow.
The easiest way to create a marketing plan is to answer the following questions:
- What is the greatest value you provide to buyers? This is your prime benefit.
- Who do you most enjoy providing this value to? This is your ideal target market.
- How are you different than your competitors? This is your niche.
- What are your personal core values in business? This is your identity.
Now all you have to do is create a statement that incorporates the four points above into a paragraph and you have your basic marketing story.
Next consider details like budget and effort
1. What are you are willing to do on a consistent basis to build your business? These are the tactic and tools you can use.
2. What percentage of gross sales can you realistically set aside each month for marketing related activities? This is your monthly marketing budget.
3. What do you want to have happen when someone hears your story? This is the purpose of marketing.
Now you know your willingness to act, budget and purpose of marketing. Combine that with your story and you have a complete marketing plan.
Follow it consistently and your sales will never sag again.