Sharon Drew Morgen challenges us to think of sales in a new light. Embracing a sales/product/information mindset is a thing of the past. She asks us, “Do you want to sell or have someone buy?”
Conventional sales thinking still focuses on ideas developed in the 1930’s: how to manage the product sale.
Through buying facilitation sellers learn to help buyers buy. "You must help buyers make sense of their buying culture and make congruent decisions that will allow for change without disruption," Morgen recommends. "Until or unless this happens they are not going to buy."
All buyers ask the same 3 questions in the same sequence before making a decision:
- What’s missing and how did it get that way?
- How can we fix it with what’s familiar? How can we fix it ourselves?
- What cultural issues need to be addressed before people are willing to change the status quo?
Only when a prospect recognizes they cannot fix their problem with anything familiar will they consider trying something new.
Buying Facilitation teaches buyers how to recognize and manage their own internal decision making; which will invite sellers into their process as part of the collaboration.
Sellers will then have an automatic competitive advantage. Price will not be a determining factor. It’s a wholly new model that is aligned with our business environment today.
To begin using Buying Facilitation consider:
1. How can you help your buyers discover all of the pieces that would play a part in their final decision?
2. How can you help buyers find a way through their entire system of people, initiatives, resources, etc?
3. How can you support current prospects in choosing you over the competition?
4. What new beliefs do you need to accept before being able to adopt a Buying Facilitation point of view?
5. How will you handle your new job of helping buyers discover their own solutions rather than coming up with solutions for them?
Where Will You Find New Ideas to Help You Achieve Your Loftiest Goals?
Special thanks to Sharon Drew Morgan for sharing her insights and Buying Facilitation Method® with us.
To learn more, request a sample packet, including two chapters of Sharon Drew Morgen’s e-book Buying Facilitation: The New Way to Sell That Influences and Expands Decisions, with my complements. Email email@example.com.