Perfection is a lofty ideal. Unfortunately, perfection is also a MAJOR reason over 80% of small business owners get stuck when launching new ideas. It has to be perfect or it just won’t work.
The dictionary says perfection is: 1 a. : an exemplification of supreme excellence b : an unsurpassable degree of accuracy or excellence
Can anything ever really be "perfect?"
Perfection is flavored by our perception of experiences and events in life. What is perfect for one person is shoddy to another.
Unsurpassable excellence is certainly a trap that can bind anyone. Any idea can always be improved upon and/or expanded, can’t it?
Perfection is an ideal that blocks rather than motivates.
For most people perfection is actually a reason to procrastinate. The reason for hesitation is that they are not clear on the direction the idea is going.
If you’re stuck in a perfection rut on any project and not able to move forward, follow this weeks action steps now.
This Weeks Action
1 Gain understanding. Analyze all of the projects that are open but not moving forward..
2. Get “unstuck.” Write down your plan for finishing each open project. If you can’t do that, it’s time to refocus.
3. Make it happen. Set time aside on a consistent basis to work on all of the projects you have created a plan for.
4. Actions speak louder than words. Embrace a ready, fire, aim mentality.
5. Think a bit differently. It will never be perfect but it will always be ready to change and expand.
6. Remember, it’s just your opinion. Perfection is only based on your worldview.
Openly Share Your Ideas for Increased Life Satisfaction